Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Commonplace Book Assignment...an explanation

I really don't think millions of people are hanging on every word I write in this thing. I'm not delusional. But in case anyone does actually read this, I'd like to explain why I'm hijacking my own blog for a few weeks.

This quarter, I'm in a class on poetics and historiography at the University of Denver. It's a fascinating class filled with big and intricate and pervasive ideas of which I am charged with making sense. One of our assignments is to keep a commonplace book, or a book which "collects material along a common theme" (Wikipedia). So I will be attempting in this blog to understand some of these ideas by keeping quotes, questions, thoughts and whatever else may tumble out of my head as a result.

No comments:

 

fragments | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates